Posted on December 20th, 2011 by admin
There are a lot of things we do every day that are really not good for hair. Here are the top 5:
- Allowing product build up. When it comes to hair products, more is not better. Using to many styling products creates product build up which weighs hair down and makes it limp and dull.
- Too many chemical treatments. If you have colored hair, try not to subject them to perming or rebonding. This is subjecting your hair to just too much chemical exposure. When buying hair products don’t buy ones that have a long list of chemicals listed as ingredients.
- Washing hair too often. Consider only rinsing hair or washing it every other day. Every day may not be a good idea.
- Too much heat. This can come from the sun or from curling or straightening procedures. Either way, excessive heat means drying and hair breakage.
- Tight braids, elastics etc. Tight braids and cornrows put a lot of pressure on hair roots and can cause hair to fall out in some cases. Even something as innocuous as the elastic or rubber band can cause hair breakage.