If you want long, good looking hair that are also healthy, you may find that the following tips work for you:
- Regularly trim your hair. Sounds silly when you want to grow your hair, but trimming prevents split ends and roughening of hair that leads to tangles and hair breakage.
- Deep condition hair. There are wash-out conditioners and there are leave in masques. Leave in treatments work better because they continue to protect the hair from the sun, wind, pollution and so on and continue to impart moisture to the hair shaft for a longer duration.
- Detangle hair properly. The more tangled your hair, the most it is likely to break. So be careful about getting rid of the snarls and tangles – be patient and take your time.
- Watch how you shampoo your hair. Don’t wash your hair too often; this can strip it of natural oils. Also use a mild shampoo that won’t irritate the scalp.
- Indulge in head massage. You could do this for yourself with some warm oil, or you could have a professional perform a head massage to help improve circulation and hence the health and growth of hair.